AARP DELIVERS FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
And PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW: The AARP Delivers for Family Caregivers (“Promotion”) takes place between November 1, 2017 at noon ET and December 15, 2017 at noon ET (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of a Prize Contest. More specific details are stated below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry and qualify as a “family caregiver,” except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings) of AARP (also referred to as “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, supply to or printing of this Promotion. Limit: one qualified entry per household. “Family caregivers” are defined as family members or friends who provide unpaid assistance for an older person or adult with disabilities to help them live independently.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE/SELECTION OF WINNER/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING:
A) Prize Contest: There will be a total of 500 Prizes awarded to Selected Winners. To enter the Prize Contest, family caregivers must share an original story and photo about their caregiving experience between November 1, 2017 at noon ET and December 15, 2017 at noon ET; and completely fill out the Official Entry Form, including name, email, phone number, valid U.S. mailing address, age, occupation, and answer to questions about their family caregiving experience. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones. Upon submission of the completed Official Entry Form, each entrant will be entered into the Prize Contest. Only one (1) entry per individual.
- Selection of Prize Winner (“Selected Winner”): On approximately January 3, 2018 at approximately noon ET, 500 winners will be selected by a panel of 3 Judges, appointed by AARP. Winners will be selected from all entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Judges will evaluate entrants based on impact (33%), originality (33%), and style (34%). In the event of any tie, the entrant whose submission received the highest score for Impact will be selected from among the tied entrants as the potential Finalist. In the event of a tie on the Impact of submission, Sponsor at its sole discretion will select the winner.
- Notification: Winner will be notified via email on or about January 3, 2018 using the email provided on the entry form. The Winner must email firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of notification to claim prize. The return of any prize notification message or document as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the applicable winner, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize and the selection of a substitute winner with the next highest score.
- Prizes: Each Selected Winner will receive a $50 gift card for groceries, gas or the drug store. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $50. If the actual retail value of the Prize differs from its stated ARV, the Selected Winner will not receive the difference in value. Limit: Only one (1) prize per individual. Winner will receive the Prize within 14 days of being confirmed as the winner. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and the Judge’s evaluation of said entries.
Participant need not be an AARP member in order to enter and/or win the Prize Contest. Being an AARP member will not increase your chance or odds of winning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE RECIPIENT (“PRIZE RECIPIENT”):
Prize Limit: An individual, including a member of his/her household, regardless of email address used, may only win one (1) Prize throughout the Promotion Period. The Winner of the Prize will receive the Prize immediately after having been confirmed as a Winner. Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize Recipient’s inability to utilize her/his prize. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Prize Recipient. Additionally, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner of a Prize may result from any of the following: (a) a potential Winner’s failure, upon request, to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency, and/or eligibility; (b) a potential Winner’s failure to accept or utilize the Prize as provided herein; or (c) any other non-compliance, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, with the Official Rules.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone, computer or electronic transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, technology or computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or any other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or for non-receipt of any entry regardless of the cause of it not being properly received by Sponsor. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or for any technical, printing or human errors which may occur in the receipt, non-receipt or processing of any entries in the Promotion. In no event will Sponsor award more Prizes than are stated in these Official Rules. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person attempting to enter using multiple email addresses, multiple identities or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of the Promotion will be disqualified from participation in the Promotion. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, the Promotion is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which or may corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Promotion and proceed to select potential Winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. PUBLICITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By accepting a prize, each Prize Recipient agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Entrants grant the Sponsor all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of entries for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit entries, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the Entrant. By entering the Contest, each Entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to his or her Entry. To the extent Entrant has any rights in the Entry; Entrants assigns all such rights to the Sponsor by entering the Contest.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Washington, DC.
10. RELEASE: By participating, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, or arising out of the receipt, use or misuse, or enjoyment of any Prize.
11. GENERAL: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to abide and to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
12. WINNER’S list: To obtain the names of the Prize Winner, send a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope, by January 15, 2018, to AARP Winner’s List, 601 E Street NW, S10-330, Washington, DC 20011.
SPONSOR: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049
PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Whole Foods Market eGift Card
The purchase or use of a gift card, in digital or physical form, constitutes acceptance of the complete terms and conditions. Gift cards must be used solely for the purchase of merchandise or services provided by Whole Foods Market. You can get our greens but unfortunately can’t redeem for cash unless required by law. Gift cards may not be resold unless approved by Whole Foods Market. A gift card, in any form, will not be replaced or refunded if lost or stolen unless required by law so handle it like a carton of eggs. This gift card is issued by WFM Gift Card, LLC. This gift card doesn’t expire, nor does it incur any fees for any reason. Enjoy it all now or save leftovers for later. Hungry for more? For full terms and conditions, visit wfm.com/giftcards or call 1.866.WFM.CALL (866-936-2255).
Exxon Mobile Gas Gift Card
Pay at the Pump: Insert card and follow instructions at pump
Inside Payment: Present card to cashier inside the store
Gift Card Balance: Check your receipt or visit www.exxonmobilgiftcard.com
Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the following terms: The ExxonMobil Gift Card is redeemable for authorized products and services only at Exxon and Mobil facilities. This card is not redeemable for cash or credit, except where required by law. To report a lost, stolen or damaged card, call 1-800-919-8646. Remaining value may be replaced on a lost, stolen or damaged card only if the account number and remaining value on the card can be verified. This card is issued and administered by SVM, LP. Cards provided for promotional purposes may contain an expiration date, if allowed by law. This date would be shown on the front of the card. If no date is shown, then the card will not expire, nor will it contain maintenance fees for nonuse. Resale of this card is prohibited without consent. EXMO0810"
Gift Cards are redeemable at Exxon Mobile locations
Albertsons Gift Card
Purchase of this card constitutes acceptance of the following terms: This Gift Card can be used for merchandise purchases at any of the stores listed on this card; Card may be used multiple times until value is fully depleted. Card cannot be used at pay-at-the-pump or for online purchases. Card cannot be redeemed for cash except where required by law. Albertson's is not responsible for the use of your card without your knowledge. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced. For Card balance, call 1-877-932-7948. These cards do not expire and have no fees.
BP Gas Gift Card
BP® GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS DISCLOSURE: This card may be redeemed for the purchase of fuel and merchandise at BP locations in United States. This card cannot be applied to your BP credit accounts or redeemed for cash except where required by law. BP is not responsible for and will not replace lost, stolen or destroyed cards. There are no fees or expiration dates connected with the use of this card. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions accompanying this card. © 2015 BP Products North America Inc. PROTECT THIS CARD AND TREAT IT AS YOU WOULD CASH
Gift Cards are redeemable at BP Locations
Chevron Gas Gift Card
Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the following terms: The gift card is redeemable only for fuel and authorized goods and services at participating Chevron and Texaco stations. For a participating location, visit www.chevrontexacostations.com. This gift card is not redeemable for cash or credit, except where required by law. This gift card is not a credit card, debit card, asset account or a deposit account. To check the cards remaining balance or to report a damaged card, call 1-800-352-1090 or visit www.chevrontexacogiftcard.com. Remaining value may be replaced on a lost, stolen or damaged card only if the account number and remaining value on the gift card can be verified. This card is issued and administered by SVM, LP. Cards provided for promotional purposes may contain an expiration date, if allowed by law. If no date is shown, then the gift card will not expire. This card is not subject to maintenance fees. Redeemable in the United States only. Gift Cards are redeemable at nearly 10,000 Chevron and Texaco branded stations in the United States
Amazon.com Gift Card
*Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods on Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. GCs cannot be redeemed for purchases of gift cards. Purchases are deducted from the GC balance. To redeem or view a GC balance, visit "Your Account" on Amazon.com. Amazon is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
When you redeem an Amazon.com Gift Card to your account, the funds will be stored in Your Account and automatically apply to your next eligible order. The original expiration date, if any, applies to any unused funds.
1. Go to Your Account.
2. Click Apply a Gift Card to Your Account.
3. Enter your claim code and click Apply to Your Account.
You can also enter your claim code during checkout. You won't be able to redeem your gift card using the Amazon.com 1-Click service unless you redeem the gift card funds to Your Account first.
Note: If your order total is more than your gift card funds, the extra can be paid for by credit card.
CVS/pharmacy eGift Card
PROTECT THIS CARD AS YOU WOULD CASH! This card may be used just like cash toward purchases at any CVS/pharmacy. Cannot be used to purchase money orders or prepaid cards, or as payment on a credit account. It will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen or used without authorization, and it is not reloadable. This gift card has no expiration date, and no dormancy or inactivity fees will be charged. It is not redeemable for cash in New Jersey, or for cash in any other state unless the state requires cash redemption. Gift card retains unused balance. Balance cannot be transferred or recharged. CardFact 25, Inc. is the card issuer and sole obligor to card owner. CardFact may delegate its issuer obligations to an assignee, without recourse. If delegated, the assignee, and not CardFact, will be sole obligor to card owner. Purchase, use or acceptance of card constitutes acceptance of these terms. Distributed through CVS/pharmacy. For balance, visit www.cvs.com. CVS and related marks and designs are trademarks of CVS/pharmacy. © 2011 CVS/pharmacy
PLEASE TREAT THIS GIFT CARD LIKE CASH AND SAFEGUARD IT ACCORDINGLY
Target eGift Card
The Bullseye Design, Target and Target GiftCards are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Terms and conditions are applied to gift cards. Target is not a participating partner in or sponsor of this offer.
The Virtual Reward Center is not affiliated with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Wal-Mart Stores Arkansas, LLC, or Walmart.com or any of their affiliates. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Wal-Mart Stores Arkansas, LLC, Walmart.com and their affiliates do not endorse or sponsor The Virtual Reward Center's services, products, or activities. See www.walmart.com/giftcardtermsandconditions for complete gift card terms and conditions
© 2017 AARP
AARP is a trademark of AARP Non-Profit Corporation, D.C. These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the express prior written permission of AARP.